The Adventures of Sweet Pea, The 1955 Westerner

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Weekend Progress

Dave gets all the credit for doing a lot of work on the trailer this weekend. He took time off from his bathroom remodel. I was his beautiful assistant.

1) Sealant
He got up on top of the roof (delicately) and scraped out all the old crusty sealant and added new sealant around the roof vent and various seams. I helped scrape the side seams and we resealed those too. The sealant is a metalic silver color so it actually makes the trailer look better with all the seams freshly done. Hopefully this plugged the leak. We'll bring a tarp too, just in case.

At some point I'll need to completely sand down the roof and put a fresh coat of roof paint on. It's old and peeling right now.

2) Jack Stand
He drilled new holes into the jack stand wheel caster and will try to cut out the old rusted/busted turn screw. He'll also drilled new holes into the jack stand, and then we'll be able to insert a bolt to hold the wheel in place.

3) Tires
We ordered 3 new "ST" tires to be installed on Wed (one spare). The current tires are useless to me now. I'm pretty annoyed with Metro RV. They should have caught this. I paid them to.

4) "U" saftey chain brackets
Dave found the "U" shaped brackets that Ken (neighbor) will weld onto the hitch for us (Wed). Local shop: Ideal RV in Redwood City

5) Registration & Title
I am happy to report that I have completed the registration and transfer of title. I only had to go to the DMV twice, not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home